Pollard PLLC is a litigation boutique focused on competition law. The firm and its members have extensive experience litigating non-compete, trade secret and antitrust disputes.
In April 2012, Jonathan Pollard left Boies, Schiller & Flexner’s Fort Lauderdale office to launch his own practice. Many lawyers who leave big firms to strike out on their own are partners who have books of business. Pollard was a third-year associate. At first, Pollard was a true solo practitioner. He had no other lawyers and no support staff. But that did not stop him from winning cases.
Over the next few years, Pollard went from being a solo practitioner to being the principal of a small but growing litigation shop. Pollard PLLC presently consists of five full-time lawyers and support staff. Among the lawyers are multiple law review members, and members of academic honor societies such as Order of the Coif and Phi Beta Kappa.
The firm has litigated dozens of cases to favorable resolutions, won multiple appeals in the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and the Florida District Courts of Appeal and advised hundreds of individuals and businesses on competition issues. The firm routinely wins key legal decisions in which the court cites the firm’s own prior cases as precedent.
- Absolute Mastery: We focus our practice on non-compete, trade secret and antitrust litigation. Within this arena, we strive for absolute mastery. This means formulating a new, unique strategy for each case or controversy; practicing law at the highest level; constantly learning more about our area of practice and always striving to add more tools to our took kit. We strive to be the absolute best in our area of expertise.
- Focus: For a big firm, it makes sense to have many different areas of practice. For a small firm, it does not. The best way for us to deliver value to our clients is for us to focus on a specific area of law. Take non-compete and trade secret cases. We litigate these cases every day. We advise clients on these issues every day. And as a result, we have developed a tremendous amount of knowledge related specifically to prosecuting or defending these types of disputes. We know the legal landscape, often across multiple jurisdictions. We know the relevant body of case law. We know the tools and techniques. Another firm could spend ten hours researching a strategy. Just give us a ten minute phone call.
- Value: A big part of our value lies in the focused nature of our practice. But it goes beyond that. We strive to be a great value to our clients. We provide higher-caliber representation than many much larger firms. We are an attractive alternative to big firms. We will never over-staff your case with multiple partners, associates and paralegals. We simply can’t do it. We aren’t that big. But we also wouldn’t do it, because that’s not how we operate. You’re not going to pay us thousands of dollars more because three different lawyers re-wrote the same motion three different times out of ego and a desire to have it written in their voice. We’re lean. We’re efficient. We know how to get things done. With respect to billing, we handle cases on hourly, mixed fee, flat fee and occasionally contingency fee arrangements.
- Business-Minded: Lots of lawyers focus only on the law. They view law in a vacuum divorced from the real world. We are different. We focus on business. We know our clients businesses. We know the facts on the ground. We know the business realities. And we know the business goal. That information dictates strategy. The law is just a tool to accomplish the end business goal.
- Public Service: As a firm, we are committed to spending at least 10% of our time providing free legal services to those who need but cannot afford legal representation. The firm’s principal was honored for his pro bono contributions by the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida. Beyond pro bono legal service, the firm is heavily involved with youth advocacy and education reform issues. The City of Lauderdale Lakes proclaimed November 25th Jonathan Pollard day in honor of his efforts to start, run and fund a nationally competitive debate team at Boyd Anderson High School.
Visit Us : http://www.pollardllc.com