We’re Nationally Recognized for Excellence in Memory Care
At Aston Gardens, we understand the challenges people with dementia face. When your loved one enters our Memory Care community, we’ll guide and support them using a person-centered approach that’s rated among the nation’s very best.
Our SHINE® Memory Care curriculum has received a national Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association®, the country’s leading voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research. It’s a distinction shared by only eight memory care providers nationwide, and that’s a true testament to the quality of SHINE®
SHINE® is a uniquely personalized approach to memory care that uses scientific principles to promote engagement, comprehension and lifestyle quality for seniors living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory-related conditions.
Our nurses and certified nurse assistants, with ongoing education and specialized training in memory care diseases, chart a course of exploration for each resident that touches on various, important aspects of life. Our SHINE® Memory Care program is designed to rebuild and preserve that which their affliction has taken from them. From quality meals to personalized care and attention, you can rest easy knowing your family members are in the best hands and receiving the finest-quality care. You have our word on it.
What Is the SHINE® Memory Care Program?
At Aston Gardens At The Courtyards, residents will enjoy a friendly and social environment where warm common areas, beautiful dining rooms and state-of-the-art activity centers naturally cultivate friendships. Individuals with dementia and/or Alzheimer’s disease deserve compassion and guidance, and our expertly trained Memory Care team members will ensure they receive the level of care they need.
Our SHINE® Memory Care Program provides long-term care designed to meet the needs of these residents through a supervised environment, assistance with daily living activities and medical monitoring. We also provide activities throughout the day to keep residents engaged and filled with purpose, enriching their lives.
Some of the benefits of memory care communities include the assistance of specially trained team members, the peace of mind that comes with knowing your loved one is in a safe, secure environment and opportunities for residents to interact and socialize. If you have considered a memory care program for your loved one, Aston Gardens At The Courtyards offers high-quality care in our luxurious, comfortable community.
The SHINE® Memory Care Program
Discover Independence, Confidence, and Self-Esteem
In our Sun City Center senior living community, we know the impact of the following:
- Celebrating each small success one at a time
- Encouraging active participation in all activities of daily living
- Focusing on strengths rather than limitations
- Promoting physical exercise, stimulating mental activity and helping to maintain social and religious contacts
Discover Dining Delights
- Nutrient-dense gourmet meals promote overall good health
- Active participation in dining with assistance provided as needed
- Dining in a calm and quiet environment at the same time each day, allowing residents to focus on eating
- “Food on the Run” for residents who are no longer able to focus on mealtime or frequently wander
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- Purpose-driven activities in small groups or on a one-to-one basis
- Activities geared towards residents’ present abilities and time of day
- Activities that are noncompetitive, failure-free and age-appropriate
- Opportunities that match residents’ attention spans
Discover Friendships and Belonging
- Active participation and support in personal care activities help maintain a maximum sense of control and independence
- Personal care activities that define how a person is perceived by their peers, family and friends
- Work or productive activities provide a sense of personal success and worth
- Play or leisure activities promote friendships and pleasure for increases quality of life
Contact Aston Gardens At The Courtyards Today
Our SHINE® Memory Care programs emphasize the following in their holistic, personalized treatment plans:
- Superior communication with residents and families
- Extensive training for our team members
- A handcrafted “My Story” book for each resident
- A dining experience that uses subtle sciences to stimulate appetite, interaction, awareness and participation
- Group and one-on-one activities, sensory experiences and quiet, relaxed moments
- Safe, secure neighborhoods created with your loved one’s convenience, health and happiness in mind
For more information on our SHINE® Memory Care Program and to experience “A Day in the Life” of one of our residents, please contact a senior lifestyle coordinator using our convenient online form or at (813) 710-4380. It would be our pleasure to speak with you about your loved one’s personal lifestyle needs. You can explore our facilities by scheduling a tour, and we’ll gladly answer any questions and address any concerns you may have.