It’s always exciting when we move to a new home. We got to love the thrill and the idea that we can decorate our new home by ourselves and we get to meet new neighbors. As much as we would like to redecorate right away, there are still a couple of things we have to consider before moving into a new home. Some of these might be familiar for you, but let’s break it down.
1. Change the Locks - Who knows how many people have keys to what’s now your home? That ensures you’re the only person who has access. Install new deadbolts yourself for as little as $10 per lock, or call a locksmith if you don’t know how to install one. This will give you added peace of mind.
2. Clean the carpets – Your new home probably has carpets. As much as possible, steam-clean the carpets. You can call a carpet cleaning company to do this for you if you don’t have the right equipment. You can also borrow a steam cleaner from a friend or rent one. This will make sure that there are no residue and dust left on the carpets.
3. Check for leaks – If you are familiar on leaks, this should be easy to do. Check for leaks from the faucet, toilet, and sink. If you don’t know how to check it, then you can opt to hire a plumber. This eliminates some future problems and a plumber can thoroughly check everything.
4. Update your Home Technology – This doesn’t apply to all but this could really be helpful. If you wish to have a home security system, then this applies to you. Not just it but also your internet and cable service. But, the best time to install or update home technology is right before (or during) the move-in. Not only do you have easy access to every spot in your home (which makes planning and installation easier), but you get to enjoy the benefits from Day 1. How cool is that?
5. Be prepared for anything - If you’ve had a decent relationship with the sellers, inquire if you might have their new contact information so that if you have any questions, you can contact them right away.
These are just a few must-dos when moving to your new home. You might have a long list but these are the basic ones. And before anything else, if you need help to move your furniture and valuables, you need to contact a Fort Myers moving company
. J.W. Cole & Sons of Florida, Inc
. is the right company for you! They cater your hassle-free home move
and will do the move conveniently for you.
To discuss your Fort Myers home move
with our experts, call us at 239-694-3400 or you can also request for a quote. You can get a free no-obligation estimate. The price you are quoted is the price you will pay.