What is Engineered Flooring?
An engineered wood floor is constructed of layers of both hardwood and plywood, where solid hardwood is a solid piece of wood with no layers. To be considered an engineered wood floor the decorative layer must be real wood. Unlike laminate flooring, where the decorative layer is a print, engineered floors can only have a natural decorative top layer. There is real wood used in making a laminate floor. Wood chips are used in the core HDF material, but there is no real wood used in the decorative surface.
The decorative top layer of real wood can be any thickness. As a general rule, thicker top layers provide longer life and can be sanded more times. It's also worth noting, that a thicker top layer can add to the cost.
Hardwood flooring is a great way to add timeless pizzazz to any room! What should you consider when making a choice between engineered and solid hardwood? Let’s learn about engineered hardwood:
- Engineered hardwood construction has durable, high-performance qualities.
- It is constructed with multi-layers of wood; each layer is positioned in a different direction. This construction prevents the engineered hardwood from warping and bowing the way a hardwood floor might in moist areas.
- Its advantage over solid hardwood is that the construction allows for installation in most grade levels of the home, including below ground with a protective moisture barrier installed.
- A hardwood veneer gives the natural beauty and look to the engineered floor just as a solid hardwood floor does.
- Engineered hardwood offers easy care and maintenance.
Maintenance and Prevention Tips
To keep the original quality and beauty of the product, follow the maintenance suggestions below:
- - Use a vacuum cleaner regularly, removing any abrasive product that may be on the floor;
- - Place door mats at all the entrances of your house and in places close to bathrooms, sinks, utility areas, etc.;
- - Before putting the furniture in its place, apply felt protection disks on the ends of the legs of chairs, tables and moving items;
- - Be careful with old shoes that may scratch the floor;
- - Even though the Triângulo Floors have a UV protection finish, protect your flooring from the sun rays. Intense exposure to sunlight
- may cause modifications on the original coloring;
- - While cleaning the floor do not use oil based products (e.g. wax), ammonia, petroleum or any other abrasive (such as a domestic
- detergent). Clean it with a soft cloth lightly dampened with warm water or with a product destined to the cleaning of wood floors with
- - If any liquid is spilled on the floor, wipe it immediately with a dry cloth.
ProFloors & Cabinets Engineered Flooring Collections
We offer hardwood collections recognized around the world by builders, interior designers, architects and residential consumers.
Amazon Oak Almond - Engineered hardwood flooring Amazon Oak.
Amazon Oak Malaga - Engineered hardwood flooring Amazon Oak.
Brazilian Cherry - Engineered hardwood flooring Brazilian Cherry (Jatobá).
Brazilian Oak Alpine- Engineered hardwood flooring Brazilian Oak – Nordic Collection.
Brazilian Oak Vulkan - Engineered black or grey hardwood flooring Brazilian Oak – Nordic Collection.
Brazilian Pecan Chocolate - Engineered brown classic hardwood flooring Brazilian Pecan.
Brazilian Ash Atelier - Engineered hardwood flooring Brazilian Ash.
Tigerwood - Engineered hardwood flooring Tigerwood.
Naples, FL's Triangulo Engineered Flooring Dealer
Visit ProFloors & Cabinets at 2033 Trade Center Way, Naples, FL 34109, United States or contact us online to talk to our sales representative. We offer bathroom and kitchen design and construction services. ProFloors & Cabinets is a locally owned and operated full-service bathroom and kitchen remodeler. We deliver superior customer service and high-quality products, including American made flooring, and cabinets to Southwest Florida. No job is too big or too small for ProFloors & Cabinets.