Common eye problems include blurred vision, halos, blind spots, and floaters. Blurred vision refers to the loss of sharpness of vision and not being able to see small details. Blind spots, called scotomas, are dark "holes" in the visual field in which nothing can be seen. Floaters are small bits of protein or other material that drift in the clear gel-like part of the eye. These problems can be from damage to the eye itself, a condition of the body like aging or diabetes, or a medicine.
That’s why it is important to see your eye healthcare professional regularly to help avoid or reduce vision problems. Or, you can also do these to protect your eyesight.
- Find out if you are at higher risk for eye diseases and be aware of your family's health history.
- Get regular eye exams to maintain your eye health and good vision.
- Have regular physical exams to check for diabetes and high blood pressure. If left untreated, these diseases can cause eye problems.
- Look for warning signs of changes in your vision. If you start noticing changes in your vision, see your eye doctor immediately.
- Exercise more frequently. Yes, exercise helps!
- When outdoors during daytime, always wear sunglasses that shield your eyes from 100 percent of the sun's harmful ultraviolet rays.
- Numerous studies have shown that antioxidants can possibly reduce the risk of cataracts. That’s why it is important to eat a healthy and balanced diet.
With these said, always seek the help of an eye specialist. And if it happens that there are some problems with your eyesight, eye specialists usually suggest custom compounding for many ophthalmology medications.
Common ophthalmic sterile compounds:
- Vancomycin & Tobramycin drops for serious eye infection(s)
- Prepare patient specific ophthalmic solutions used in surgery eye centers
- Chemo preparation for eye surgery centers
- Amphotericin Injectables
- Ceftazidime & Vancomycin Injectables
Where do you get these? Here in Cape Coral and in Naples, Myerlee Pharmacy is your best compounding pharmacy! Myerlee Pharmacy has a certified ISO Class 7 clean room to formulate each compound to your specific needs. We only provide high-quality medicines just for you! For your ophthalmic compounding needs in Cape Coral and Naples, call Myerlee Pharmacy at 239-482-3022 today!