|Products and Services:||1,994|
|Articles and publications:||504|
|Tenders & Vacancies:||11|
If you run a business that involves shipping and receiving goods, you have to ensure the safety and speed of loading and unloading your products. Dock levelers are highly recommended machines for this matter. The purpose of dock levelers is to bridge the gap between the edge of the dock and a truck or a facility floor. They are easier to use, more durable and offer the highest load capabilities of up to 55,000 pounds.
3 Types of Dock Levelers:
Hydraulic Dock Levelers are generally stronger than others. It helps prevent the fast drop of the leveler despite the weight of the load. They use a fluid-force to push the cylinder and lift the deck. Air powered dock levelers use cylindrical air tower power to lift the deck of the leveler. Both are remote switch operated. Mechanical Dock Levelers, on the other hand, is the most common type of dock levelers. It uses springs and cylinder. A chain has to be pulled to lift the deck and has to be walked down until placed properly.
Here are some certain factors that you might want to give consideration when deciding what type of dock leveler you want to use.
· Determine the maximum load expected. Both the weight of the lift truck and cargo must be included when determining the load.
· The span of trailer deck heights you need to accommodate.
· The frequency of the use of the dock leveler.
· You also have to take note the weight of your cargo and of the forklift, to ensure that you select the correct dock leveler capacity.
· SAFETY? Signaling & Controls? Most Florida dock levelers are available with LED signaling lights and alarms. This can help prevent accidents due to advanced trailer departure. They should come with guarding or a safety lip to avoid falls from the loading dock. Safe equipment equals safe workers.
Another option is choosing between manual levelers for low-traffic docks. Unfortunately, manual levelers require a high cost of maintenance. And powered levelers are best for higher volume docks. It promises a long run maintenance costs and rapid production.
Overhead Door Company of South Florida is the most trusted company in the market to contact. They provide understanding in making choices about docks and their operational needs. They service the entire Miami area and all cities in Florida. Call Overhead Door Company of South Florida at (954) 266-7960 or visit their website at https://www.ohdsouthflorida.com/dock-levelers-lifts/.