When it's time to purchase a new dishwasher, the number of options can be overwhelming. The dishwasher market is riddled with all sorts of various brands, models, and styles, many appearing to be similar but with widely varying price points. So, what do you look for?
Dishwashers can be expensive, but don't break the bank. Understand average dishwasher costs to determine what works with your budget:
- Basic Standard Dishwashers (Lower Price Range): These models get the job done but only offer essential features. Fit under a kitchen counter.
- High-End Standard Dishwashers (Higher Price Range): These under-the-counter models offer a wide range of upscale features to thoroughly clean dishes.
- Compact Dishwashers (Premium Price due to Compact Size): These under-sink dishwashers are small and designed for kitchens with limited space. Most offer basic features.
- Drawer Dishwashers: The newest dishwashers on the market, available in single or double-drawer styles. They offer several high-tech features but tend to be less efficient than larger dishwashers.
- Know the Dimensions
- Understand the Capacity
3. Energy Efficiency
- To purchase an energy-efficient dishwasher, look for one with an Energy Star label, which confirms it meets or exceeds national standards for efficiency.
- For optimal energy efficiency, look for a dishwasher that uses fewer than five gallons of water per cycle and under 307 kWh per year.
4. Sound Ratings
Many newer dishwasher models offer reasonable noise levels and come with sound ratings.
- 50 Decibels: Produce noise at the same level as the average conversation. Loudest of the three.
- 40 Decibels: Will not drown out conversations.
- 30 Decibels: Considered whisper-quiet. Dishwashers so quiet you’ll barely know they’re working.
5. Essential Features
Depending on brands and price points, dishwashers offer a range of added features to boost user-friendliness, convenience, and energy efficiency.
- Cycle Selection: Choose from various cycles to improve cleaning power or boost efficiency. Look for a range of cycle options, such as express, rinse and hold, and sanitize.
- Extra Rack: If your average load of dishes falls outside of the industry norm, add an extra rack to ensure dishwasher customization when necessary.
- Soil Sensor: Automatically determine and apply the right amount of cleaning power to each load. This feature increases the chances of immaculate dishes every time without wasting energy or water.
- Special Zones: If some dishes often need an extra boost of cleaning power, look for a dishwasher with special wash zones. Dishes placed in these areas receive targeted cleaning so they emerge sparkling.
- Water Filtration: Frequently find food particles stuck to ostensibly clean dishes? Water filtration could clear things up. This feature captures particles and helps keep water and dishes clean.
- Want your kitchen to look as cutting-edge as possible? Look for stainless steel dishwashers, many of which also offer extra durability.
- Want to ensure your dishwasher makes a statement? Shop for bright red, blue, or green models that really stand out.
7. Reliability, Maintenance & Installation
- Reliability varies from model to model, even within a single brand.
- Read customer reviews before selecting a new model.
Southwest Florida's Leader in Appliance Repair
Dishwasher Repair near Bonita, Cape Coral, Estero, Fort Myers, Marco Island and Naples, Florida Dishwasher issues? Call the Doctor! Whether it’s a leak, electrical issue or other problem, we have you covered. Appliance Doctor Inc. has dishwasher repair technicians ready to diagnose and fix the problem with same day service for most major brands.
Major water leaks beneath the dishwasher can be catastrophic and damaging as well as unsanitary and messy.
Common Dishwasher Issues
- Dishwasher cycling and stopping mid-cycle
- Lights going on, but the cycle not starting
- Unequal rack washing
- Water collection at the bottom of the dishwasher
- And more!
Appliance Doctor Inc. Services
To discover more about dishwasher repair, connect with us online or call Appliance Doctor Inc. today!
- Cape Coral: 239-540-9500
- Estero/Bonita Springs: 239-992-0505
- Fort Myers: 239-936-0111
- Marco Island: 239-642-0505
- Naples: 239-434-7546
- East Naples: 239-732-0111